Thursday, January 1, 2009

O.o

So, according to chronological records, and all the fireworks that occurred, we are now in the year 2009...
Aside from not being a fan of fireworks (apparently I am about the only one >.>, I don't think I've ever felt New Year's Eve to be all that spiffy a celebration or holiday. Okay, so a new year has begun, but does that actually mean anything has changed other than the time? It's as though we believe a change happens after that fateful and loud countdown, giving new chances and opportunities, fresh starts and shedding of mistakes. However, is that not simply a cognitive desire for the things to change for the better that is magnified? As far as I can tell, there isn't anything actually special or extraordinary that eventuates at the start of a new year...it's not like fairies go flitting about spreading magical dust, eh?

As you've most likely surmised by now, I have:
1) never thought much of New Year's resolutions, thinking that the majority of them fail or are forgotten anyway, and if we want to improve our lives, we shouldn't wait until the start of a new year to acquire the initiative (is it merely time keeping? Having a resolution means you gotta complete/achieve it by the next year, so it does give a deadline at least...)
2) never had any significant memories of New Year's Eve. As of the last decade or so, I think it has always been spent here at home, with a family friend (whom I don't particularly like) and his family over... I s'pose looking back on that sentence I must sound deprived or something. Oh well *shrugs*


Meh, the New Year has begun, so I might as well pop the talk of it out of sight and mind. I have two more things to briefly mention in this post, and then I can go to bed ^^,
The first is that I finally did something about the results of the poll. Alas, unlike other sites (Gaia being the first one sticking to mind), I can't customise the page layout anywhere near as much as I'd like, and so I promise to change the panda pic in the title occasionally xD
The second thing is that yes, I am completely aware that the fanfic is taking far too long to write...I will try to spend more time on it so it gets finished sooner rather than never ^_^ For the limited few of you who know a teeny bit about it, the second Kakashi has just entered the scene x3

Mata ne minna!

2 comments:

  1. 0o0o0o0o0oh nice panda pic ^.^

    hmm...i do understand you view on the New Year's Eve thing. i didn't celebrate either hehe. i stayed at home doing my usual but this time calming my dog down every time there's fireworks.
    maybe it's just another excuse to have a party and drink. but the only thing memorable is the fireworks (which you're not being a fan of ^.^"")

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. fireworks are awesome... the only thing i look forward to, every year xD

    and u can find templates. do a search on blog skins. and you can find customizable templates for blogspot. xD it's really easy

    kriz

    ReplyDelete