Sunday, January 25, 2009

The once in a while post

Hey, minna. Yeah, haven't written much lately, I know, I know. There hasn't however been much for me to write about that involves me, and I've been distracted by reading a five part ebook series called "Heaven Sent"...yaoi rock band stories. I'm kinda upset actually that I finished them, which tends to happen whenever I finish a a good/enjoyable book or saga. Yet thankfully, I am not as sad as I normally am; a more acceptable ending perhaps? Or was it that now the various couples had been through their struggles, and had all that steamy sex to boot, there doesn't seem to be much left to tell about them? Sigh.

Which brings me on to another, related topic, one I am still not certain about within myself. Over the past few months, I have come to enjoy reading yaoi (been asked 'Why?' by a handful of people now, and given them the same answer 'More interesting than yuri, and it is easier to relate to male characters seeing as I am a guy myself >.>') and it has had me pondering too. Throughout high school, I was one of those guys whose inner circle were pretty much all girls, so hearing the word 'Gay' said behind my back or as an insult to my face wasn't exactly infrequent. Hell, I got asked prolly at least twice a year (predominantly by the same 'friend' who apparently just wouldn't accept that there are more than just two molds of males: straight/typical or gay/eccentric/unusual. They always went together). It hurt a lot to be labelled as such when I never once displayed any desire or attraction for males, and I am one to adamantly believe that you should get what you deserve. Did I deserve to be assumed to be gay because I didn't like sport and got along talking with girls better than the drop kicks at my school? As far as my memory of my behaviour goes, the answer is no.
Over this past year at uni, I truly think that I have acquired more self-knowledge than in the six years prior combined. Having a lot of time to think to yourself does have an impact. Not hearing people call you something you believe you're not behind your back helps a damn lot too. So, with the capacity to reason things out without having a status dumped on me without my assent, when I began wading into the shallows of the realm of yaoi, I came to the realisation that I do find guys attractive. I find girls attractive too, but it is the former that was the breakthrough in my mentality (seeing as I already knew I like women hehe).
Phe's current opinion: I shouldn't ignore the possibility of finding a loving partner because of their gender.
Heh, it seems that with all the political correctness and equal rights that pervades the modern world, I have arrived at the perfect, politically correct statement, yes? Well, it seems like a particularly amiable view in my eyes, especially seeing as in effect it means I am not limiting myself to one half (ish) of the population :P...maybe there's a chance of true love after all! xD I think I had read in an article somewhere that one should try and avoid all labels, at least until they are about 21/22, when they have enough experience and knowledge to know what(and who =3) they want. I think I rather like that. Oh, and I'll state right here that if I ever change my mind, and that change makes me conclude that men are more attractive, I promise to give Tom-sempai a good seat when I 'come out', so he can amuse himself xP

...

...

...

I am sure there was something else I planned to talk about... *Think* *Think* *Eats from a jar of Hunny* *Lght bulb appears and then smashes into tiny, rather sharp pieces* Eh, oh well. Mata ne, minna!

4 comments:

  1. Phe is still Phe no matter what! And that's all that matters to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds more like you're more logical and secure about your sexuallity than most people in our so-called modern society, Phe. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the sentiment, Khanat ^^

    ReplyDelete